Position: Assistant Editor, AmeriForce Media
AmeriForce Media is a niche print and digital publisher in the military market. The company’s two print titles, Military Families Magazine (monthly) and Reserve and National Guard Magazine (bi-monthly), and their associated digital properties reach over 10 million members of the military community at over 2,500 global military installations each year.
The Assistant Editor will report to the Managing Editor and be responsible for assisting the Managing Editor in all phases of the print and digital publication process. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and growing relationships with key stakeholders from the military family space to include DOD leadership, nonprofit organizations, influencers, and prospective clients.
- Recruiting and managing writers for content creation.
- Assigning, editing and managing digital content for websites within budget requirements.
- Publishing print, digital, lead magnet, and guest posts to websites.
- Developing a monthly editorial calendar for MFM website.
- Producing weekly MFM e-newsletter in conjunction with sales department.
- Assisting with implementation of social media strategy.
- Overseeing video production from conceptualization to finished product.
- Reporting on and writing about news and/or events as needed.
- Offering ideas and working closely with Managing Editor and Publisher to meet deliverables.
- Miscellaneous duties, as needed.
- An Associate Degree or 3 years of professional writing experience
- Must be a team player with strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Mailchimp
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fluid environment
- Discipline to work autonomously once guidance is given
- Respond well and learn from constructive criticism
- Take initiative to improve oneself, one’s work product and the company
- Flexible work hours (maximum 20 hours/week)
- This is a remote position
- Familiarity with military a plus