No one likes to think about it, but we all die someday. The question is, are you financially prepared? The average funeral costs between $7,000 and $12,000. Social Security benefits are helpful, but they don’t come close to covering that amount — if you qualify, your survivors get a lump sum of $255 for your final expenses.
Similarly, your military benefits won’t be enough by themselves either:
- Military retired pay and VA disability benefits stop at death
- Survivor Benefit Plan can take up to 90 days to establish
- VA burial benefits total $300 for a non-service-connected death and up to $2,000 for a service-connected death, but only for veterans who qualify
Additionally, bank accounts may be frozen or inaccessible immediately after your passing. This creates a financial liability that will fall to your survivors to face on their own if you don’t have life insurance coverage.
Introducing the Veteran Survivor Plan with guaranteed acceptance from AAFMAA
Now you have an easy and affordable way to cover your final expenses in advance with the Veteran Survivor Plan. There is no medical exam and no questions to answer — you can’t be turned down for medical reasons. You receive approval immediately after submission of your completed application, including documentation of your membership eligibility.* Get coverage from $10,000 to $25,000 at affordable premiums that you lock in at issuance — your price will never change.
Who is the Veteran Survivor Plan for?
- Veterans, their spouses, and surviving military spouses (widow/widowers) ages 45 to 85;
- Looking for an affordable permanent life insurance solution to protect their survivors from their final expenses; or
- Who may find qualifying for other life insurance policies difficult.
Additional benefits at no additional cost:
- Exclusive Survivor Assistance Services: A Survivor Assistance Counselor will take care of your family after you pass away ensuring they receive all benefits and entitlements you earned through your service
- Digital Vault for secure and efficient storage of your vital documents
Leave a legacy, not a burden, for your loved ones when you pass away. Get started online at aafmaa.com/survivor or call AAFMAA at 877-398-2263 to speak with an expert membership coordinator.