The Elizabeth Dole Foundation announces the return of its “Military Kids Have Talent” contest, spotlighting the incredible talents of America’s military and veteran kids. Children and survivors of service members and veterans are encouraged to take a recording of their best talent and have an adult submit it before the June 25 deadline. Actor Jocko Sims will host a virtual broadcast of the entries and America will have the chance to vote on the military kid with the best talent. This year, the grand prize winners for each of the six categories will receive a FREE three-night family vacation for four to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Hotel accommodations and airfare are provided.
“Military Kids Have Talent was so nice we had to do it twice,” said Jocko Sims in a video. “Our goal here is simple: We want to celebrate all the incredible and unique talents our country’s military and veteran kids and survivors have to offer.”
The Foundation created the contest last year to highlight these extraordinary young people during a time when many milestones and celebrations were cancelled due to COVID-19. As a result of the amazing success of last year’s show, the Foundation is thrilled to showcase the hidden talents of America’s military kids once again.
“Military families raise children who are very mature and compassionate for their age. We understand many grow up faster because of the nature of being a military kid,” said Steve Schwab, CEO of the Elizabeth Dole Foundation. “The COVID-19 crisis continues to affect children and their families who face uncertainty and are stressed. We want to give them a chance for kids to be kids and make cherished memories for them and their families.”
Who can participate?
- Talent contest participants must be the child, survivor, or family member of a military service member or veteran and be 18 years old or younger. Groups are welcome to participate if each member of the group is the child or survivor of a military service member or veteran.
- The general public is invited to participate during the watch party by viewing submissions and voting for their favorite talent.
How will “Military Kids Have Talent” work?
- Contest participants will choose their talent, and with the help of their parents, record a video of their performance. Videos must be no longer than two minutes.
- Entries will be submitted at www.hiddenheroes.org/talent. This portal also includes release forms that participants will need to sign as well.
- After the May 28 deadline, all videos will be compiled into a show that will be broadcast as a watch party for families and friends.
- During the watch party, family and friends will be able to cast vote(s) for their favorite talents.
- After the votes are tallied, the Foundation will host a finale to announce the top winners.
What is the deadline?
- Videos must be submitted by Friday, May 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
For more specific entry instructions, please visit www.hiddenheroes.org/talent. If you are interested in connecting with a member of the Foundation’s leadership team, please contact Austin Courtney at Austin@elizabethdolefoundation.org.Read comments